While the Privacy Act uses a variety of terms to refer to the personal information and consumer-credit related information, we refer to such information as 'personal information'. When you engage Company to provide you with any goods or services or communicate with Company through email, by telephone, in writing, or use any of Company's other services, including Company's websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
2. The purpose for collecting your personal information
Company collects personal information, such as:
- identity particulars such as; your name, sex, address, date of birth,telephone number, occupation, and drivers licence number;
- your bank account details and credit card information;
- financial information;
- email, user ID's and passwords;
- any goods, services or credit provided to you;
- records of your communications with Company;
- court proceedings information, personal insolvency information and credit-related publicly available information;
- personal website usage information.
Company will generally collect and use your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- Company's general business operations;
- providing you with Company's goods and services and entering into transactions with you;
- providing you with credit under any application by you for commercial credit;
- assessing an application by you for commercial credit, or an entity associated with you, with credit;
- for administrative purposes in relation to the ongoing management of your credit arrangement.
- to assist you to avoid defaulting on your credit-related obligations;
- communicating with you;
- responding to your enquiries about our goods and services;
- meeting Company's legal and regulatory requirements;
- conducting, improving and developing a business relationship with you;
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving Company's website.
Where you apply for a particular product or service through this web site the application form may contain special consents concerning the use of your information. If you give this consent, which will usually be required before the application can proceed, we may use your information as you have permitted and also for the above purposes.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for Company's operations;
- by lawful and fair means; and
- where practicable, from the individual concerned or from a person acting or authorised to act on your behalf.
Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of Company's employee/representative collecting the information;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
3. How we may use and disclose your personal information
Company may disclose your personal information:
- for the primary purposes for which it was collected for the primary purpose for which it was collected such as those described above i.e. for our business operations, which includes, assessing a credit application form application by you for commercial credit;
- where you would reasonably expect this;
- where you have consented;
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- for direct marketing by Company, but giving you the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; Company includes its contact details in any direct marketing.
Where you have applied for credit with Company, or credit has been provided to you by Company, we may use or disclose your personal information:
- for administering, monitoring, evaluating and managing the credit arrangement you have with us;
- to collection of payments under your credit arrangement, internal accounting and administration;
- to assist you to avoid defaulting on your credit-related obligations;
- to undertake debt recovery and enforcement activities, and to deal with any credit infringements;
- to a credit reporting body;
- to comply with any regulatory requirement.
Company does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
Company will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
We reserve the right to transfer information in connection with the sale of all or part of our business or assets. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your information from a source other than us. We also link to a wide variety of other web sites that contain advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users
4. Accurate and up-to-date information
Company takes reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date by updating its records whenever correct changes to the information come to its attention.
If you believe your information is incorrect, incomplete or not current, you can request that we update this information by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below in paragraph 13.
Company will correct information it has about you if it discovers, or you are able to show to a reasonable standard, the information is incorrect. If you seek correction and Company disagrees that the information is incorrect, Company will provide you with its reasons for taking that view.
Company disregards information that seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time that has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
5. Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit Company website or use an application on Company website, Company may record anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded type of browser and operating system.
Company also uses "cookies". A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal information. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use Company website, but the website may be limited in the use of some of the features.
6. Security of your personal information
Company may hold your information in physical form or in electronic form on our systems or the systems of our service providers. Company takes all reasonable steps to protect your security when using its websites but you should be aware that no transmission of information to and from websites is ever totally secure.Company protects your personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
7. Access to your personal information
Company acknowledges that you have a general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected. You are able to access the personal information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer. To contact our Privacy Officer please see contact details below. If access is refused to your information, we will give you a notice explaining our decision to the extent practicable and your options.
8. Dealing with unsolicited information
Company takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
9. Anonymity when dealing with Company
Company allows you the option not to identify yourself when dealing with it, only where practicable.
10.Cross border disclosure
Your personal information will not be processed by, or disclosed to employees, representatives, or other third parties operating outside of Australia.
However, in the event that Company does disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient, Company will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before such disclosure is made to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information ('the Required Steps').
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to Company, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
11.Collecting sensitive information
12. Complaints and disputes
We acknowledge that you have a general right to ensure your personal information and your credit related information is accurate and up-to-date as well as the general right of access to information concerning you, and to have inaccurate information corrected.If you have reason to believe that we have not complied with our obligations relating to your information or the Privacy Act, please refer any complaint to queries to our Privacy Officer (details below).
We will ensure your complaint is handled by our Privacy Officer in an appropriate and reasonable manner. A written notice of our decision regarding your complaint will be provided to you.
13. Who should you contact for further information or of you have a complaint?
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information or our privacy commitments, please refer any queries or complaints to our:
Angus & Coote Pty Ltd
PO Box 157
Summer Hill NSW 2130
14. How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on Company's website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.